On Blossoming by Gia Lynne
This is not your typical sex ed book. Instead of typically puritanical views on sex and puberty, On Blossoming: Frank and Practical Advice on Our Bodies, Sexual Health, Sensuality, Pleasure, Orgasm, and More focuses on incorporating the principles of pleasure into sex education for our youth and creates a new paradigm of human sexuality. This book takes on a taboo topic in our culture backed with a compelling mixture of research and personal experience.
Author Gia Lynne’s biggest question is, how can we expect to have sexual health if we do not learn about pleasure before our first sexual experiences? Our collective social stigma around talking about sex—most of all good sex—prevents these conversations from happening and it’s having a detrimental effect on our teens of all genders and our society as a whole. On Blossoming will teach you and your teens:
- How to navigate conversations on “the birds and the bees”;
- How to effectively communicate with parents, friends, and partners;
- To explore the differences between sensuality and sexuality;
- To learn about the entire anatomy of the clitoris;
- How sex can be open, communicative, and fun every time; and
- How to know and explore your own body.
Written for people of all ages and genders, it’s time to rework the standard script of sexual education and fill in the gaps. Instead of primarily addressing the medical aspects of puberty or potential problems, Lynne presents solutions and provides tools for creating positive experiences in the realms of communication, pleasure, and happiness.